If you've got a passion and expertise and are willing to share that with a motivated young person, you're ready to mentor.
You'll have the opportunity to meet once a week, for approximately two hours, for the next six to eight months to help a youth "protege" explore the field--which he or she has chosen.
What you'll commit to:
- Spending two hours a week with your protege from now until April, 2017
- Helping your protege create a project--ideally one that somehow gives back to the communtiy
- Helping your protege share that project at our public Fesitval of Learning
- Confidential, simple, online background check through Verified Volunteers
- Orientation meeting with protege, family and Inspire team (one hour)
- Learning workshop with other mentors (3 hours)
- Occasional notes on our online journal
- Participation in two events: A Mentor Appreciation Evening (one evening in February) and a Festival of Learning (one evening in April)
90% of our mentors find the program rewarding, and have expressed a desire to continue for more than one year!